Tim Darling wrote:

> Same error untarring jakarta-tomcat-3.1.1-src.tar on Solaris.
>
> Anyone seen this?  If I untar on Linux and retar then ftp to Solaris, I
> get the same error.  Please help!

Yes i have seen this and some people have answer to me few days ago (my
message was posted Friday and had the subject "Corrupted files on
Jakarta server ?") for the same problem. An answer was to use the GNU
tar for decompressing on Solaris (not the sun tar). I haven't tried (and
people who answered to me that they have the same problem aren't on
Solaris) but perhaps you could try. Please feedback us.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02