Von: David Sanders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Jänner 2001 10:34
An: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: Tomcat crashing

Tomcat 3.2.1 is crashing twice a day.  Even though logging is enabled in
conf/server.xml, nothing of relevance is in logs/* at time Tomcat crashes.

The crashing Tomcat is using:

- RedHat Linux
- JDBC Thin driver from Oracle (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)
- Servlets are serializing access to JDBC Connection, thus single-threaded.
Close ResultSet and Statement before creating another Statement.
- Sun's JDK 1.3 for Linux

The thead at http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat_users/msg22826.html
discusses Tomcat crashing and Sun's JDBC drivers.  I'm using Oracle's
driver.

Might switching to JServ solve my crash problem?  How about Apache Web
Server and either JServ or Tomcat as plug-in?  How about a configuration
where Apache starts multiple Tomcat instances so if one fails, there are
others?

Dave