I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do it, but try using this in
your httpd.conf:

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /usr/local/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    warn
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

This should cause it to pass any jsp files on to tomcat but serve any
static stuff normally. Hope it helps,

--brb