Sorry if this post isn't a problem with tomcat but xml.apache.org sux.
Please respond directly of cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] I am not on the
list

Does anybody know if there is anything special you have to do with xalan
get it to work in a server/tomcat.

I took one the the simple examples and made it a servlet and now it
doesn't work.
I was getting a namespace error. I added  the following system
properties which
I found in an extremely cryptic servlet example that comes with xalan.

       System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory",
   "org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl");
   System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",
     "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
    System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory",
              "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl");

Now I am getting a  no such mehtod exception
which is pasted at the bottom.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:326)
 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:471)
 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:528)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:432)

 at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:193)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2083)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:1981)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1151)

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2811)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)