I have seen this before when running Tomcat on Windows when I have not
had the XML parsing jars anywhere on my path.  Either install and use a
1.4.1 JVM, setting JAVA_HOME appropriately, or (I think) it should be
sufficient to get the right XML parsing jars in your tomcat
common\endorsed directory, or on the default classpath.

I know that two of the jars are xercesImpl.jar, and xmlParserAPIs.jar.
With those two Tomcat 5 still doesn't start for me, it looks like it
needs some javax.xml.transform classes.  It looks like that is taken
care of in jaxp-api.jar, from the Java XML pack.  Tomcat 4 doesn't need
all three though, I think, only the first two.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/8/03 12:08:29 PM >>>
try this:
http://www.moreservlets.com/Using-Tomcat-4.html#Set-CLASSPATH