From: Paul R Gazis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 6:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: That ever-popular 'wrong version:46, expected 45' message

I'm running the J2SE 1.4.1_04 SDK and Tomcat 4.1.27 under Windows 2000.
The Tomcat installation runs fine, but try as I might, I cannot compile code
that imports any of the servlet classes.  Attempts to do so yield that
damnable error message:

Invalid class file format in {my tomcat directory}\common\lib\servlet.jar
(javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet.class) wrong version:46, expected 45

Looking through the archives, I can see that this has been an enduring and
popular problem for much of the past year, but I can not locate any