Damien wrote:
Hi,

I've downloaded tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-5.0.9.tar.gz) and I'm following
the instructions found in this page :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/setup.html

There is a little error that might confuse beginners :

cd $CATALINA_HOME/bin tar xvfz jsvc.tar.gz cd jsvc autoconf ./configure make cp jsvc .. cd ..

[EMAIL PROTECTED] jsvc]# make [...] make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tomcat/bin/jsvc/native' [EMAIL PROTECTED] jsvc]# cp jsvc .. cp: ne peut écraser le répertoire `../jsvc' par un non-répertoire

I think you should rename the folder after untar it :

cd $CATALINA_HOME/bin
    tar xvfz jsvc.tar.gz
    mv jsvc jsvc-source
    cd jsvc-source
    autoconf
    ./configure
    make
    cp jsvc ..
    cd ..

I'll fix that. I was using Cygwin when I tested this, and on that platform, the executable name is jsvc.exe, so there's no conflict. Dumb mistake ;-)

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat