John Turner wrote:
The book was never published. The original publisher (Wrox) went out of business and liquidated assets.

The rights to the performance handbook (and many other former Wrox titles including the security handbook) were picked up by Apress. The rights to the rest were picked up by Wiley. I think Wiley is running wrox.com right now.

From the conversations I've had with Apress, the future of the performance book is undecided, though that could change at any moment. I for one think there is a need for such a book, but with Tomcat 5 coming out, it might need to be rewritten to address the new release.

As the coauthor of the said handbook (which is now indeed relatively out of date), I am quite pissed at Wrox and APress (I still haven't been paid a dime despite recurrent claims from APress for the past 4 months that "they'll be coming back to me within a week").

So a big thank you to these folks for the nice support to OSS contributors :-D (ok, I'm sarcastic)

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat