From: "Filip Hanik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2003 5:18 pm
Subject: Re: Migrating from JServ to Tomcat 4.0

you have to choices:

1. Do a proper migration, ie convert your webapp to a "real" webapp with
WEB-INF so that you load your classes - this is the recommended method,because there is no other way to map servlets, other than web.xml
2. Put all your classes in TOMCAT_HOME/common/classes, the classes will now
be available to all webapps - not recommended
you will still need a web.xml if you have servlets

Filip