Hello everybody,

I started to learn servlets few times ago. Everything was working perfectly
until I tried to get my <init-param> from my web.xml file.
I receive all the time a null value when I ask the value of my parameter:
String driver = getServletConfig().getInitParameter("driver").

If I put the parameter in a <context-param>, no problem, it works.
String driver = getServletContext().getInitParameter("driver");

Can someone help me. Thanks
Kenny

Here is my web.xml file:

<web-app>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>driver</param-name>
    <param-value>12345</param-value>
  </context-param>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>techSupport</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>techSupportServlet</servlet-class>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>driver</param-name>
      <param-value>54321</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>techSupport</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/techSupport</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>