From: Timothy Halloran [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 11:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Urgent! Cannot start Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 11:18, Denise Mangano wrote:
> The filesystem check returns that everything is clean.
>
> I ran the test versions of the java programs that are part of my
> webapp from the command line, and the program executes without a
> hitch.  It makes a URL connection to a remote server and sends data,
> and then receives a response...  So I would assume there is no problem

> with the java installation??
>
> How do I load a second instance of Tomcat without it interfering with
> the current installation?

Use the "TGZ" version not "RPM" and put it in another directory...you'll
have to change some variables (as I recall) and save your others.  Just
run the second tomcat as your local user.  I haven't done this in a
while but it works fine as long as you don't run them together (if you
do you'll need to change ports and such).

--
Timothy Halloran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Carnegie Mellon University