From: Jon Wingfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 6:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Can JSP track users in a basic authentication protected
realm ?

You could possibly track the "referer" header of the request. If the
referer is a site outside your protection domain then re-authenticate.
This could be done in a filter: Check the header, log out the user,
redirect to the requested page to trigger re-authentication.

This technique assumes the "referer" header has been set by the browser.
As it's not a mandatory header you may not always get it:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.txt
Specifically section 14.36 Referer

HTH,

Jon