The Servlet spec (2.2-2.4) requires that each Request is handled by a single
Thread.  Especially with the Jk2-Coyote connector (that links Tomcat to
Apache/IIS/SunOne), the thread may be re-used for requests from different
clients.  However, it will always serve one Request from start-to-finish
before starting another one.  At a guess (since I obviously can't see it :),
I'd guess that your implementation is sub-optimal, but will work.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Hello,
> From not having too much experience programming threads I have run into a
> design snag that I need some help with. Long story short, I need to be
> absolutely sure that the tomcat servlet container handles each request in
> unique thread. So (for example) if there are 300 simultaneous connections
> they are processed in 300 unique threads.
>
> The reason behind this desperation is because I have created a framework
> that uses the threadlocal class to create a singleton like class for each
> request that stores references to the request and response objects so all
> classes during the request can access these objects without having to pass
> parameters around from class to class. If for some reason 2 different
> requests were handled in the same thread that could be a huge flaw in my
> design. Thanks!
>

> Duncan Krebs
> Bank One
>

> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.