I am using Tomcat 4.1.24 in Windows XP and I cannot define an error page. I have
defined it in web.xml as

 <error-page>
    <error-code>500</error-code>
    <location>/errorpage.hmtl</location>
  </error-page>

and none of them works. The page displayed is Tomcat's default error page. The
error-page tag seems to be simply ignored, as no errors are found in the application
initialization.
 If I use

  <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
    <location>/errorpage.html</location>
  </error-page>

and throw an exception, like RuntimeException, IE shows it's default Error 500 -
Internal Server Error page.

 I tried to put errorpage.html both in the server's root and the application's context
root. It doesn't work.

 I tried switching the location for a servlet mapping, like /error. It doesn´t work.

 I upgraded Tomcat to 5.0.12. The result is the same.

 So, what's the problem?

 Regards,
 Carlos Pereira