You should start tomcat first and then Apache server.

-----Original Message-----
From: CPC Livelink Admin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 4:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Please help

somebody is.  Run
netstat -a
and examine the results.

-----Original Message-----
From: Binu Kamal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Please help

I installed tomcat on a solaris  machine where Apache Server is running.
When I run startup.sh, I get the following error message.
FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Compiled Code)
Apache is not using ports 8007 and 8080.
Thanks
Binu