Hi,

We have a web app consisting of servlets that talk to a standalone server
app over RMI.  Currently our customers need to download and install (1) JDK,
(2) a web server with a servlet engine and (3) our application.

Our customers are telling us that they don't mind installing the JDK but to
have to install a web server and servlet engine (even if it is just
integrated - Tomcat) and then install our app that it is too cumbersome.

+ Can Tomcat Embedded be bundled with proprietary software (from a licensing
perspective)?

+ What gets deployed when Embedded Tomcat is used (Is it the LE or regular
version or do I need to use the source)?

+ Anyone know of a tutorial on transitioning from Tomcat standalone to
Tomcat embedded?

+ Any other info or gotcha's would be great

Ideally we would like to not tightly couple our product to Tomcat Embedded
and thus maybe still offer a version of our software without the embedded
Tomcat.  How doable is this?

Any and all information is appreciated.

--Nikolaos