From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 5:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Unable to access shared network drives with Tomcat service

Hi,

I am running Tomcat 4.1.27 as a Windows service in the Windows XP operating
system. I have a problem accessing network shared drives from within my
servlets and JSP-pages.

For instance, if "S" is a mapped drive pointing to something like a shared
network drive "\\shared_server\shared_drive", then this scriplet returns
"false":

<%
      java.io.File file = new java.io.File("S:/test.txt");
      boolean exists = file.exists();
      out.print("exists: " + exists);
%>

The file "test.txt" does exist, but Tomcat does not see the shared drive.
Running Tomcat in command line mode (no service) does work!

I assume this has something to do with Windows network security?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Joeri