Yoav,

You make a great point about how the app should stabilize it's memory usage over time. However, I've got a question about memory usage when I stop (via Tomcat manager) and reload a webapp via a WAR file. If I understand your point, and I'm close to the max heap size, shouldn't GC free up the memory from the old webapp? In my case, GC happens more frequently, but doesn't do a great job (not even close to freeing up the memory footprint of my webapp). Eventually, I run into out of memory problems. Shouldn't a reload of a webapp cause a relase of the resources from the old webapp?

-Anthony Carlos