Sorry, tomcat doesn't provide that functionality. A "simple" workaround is to keep those pages in a shared area then on site build (I hope your using ant), copy those files into your webapp.

-Tim

Ricardo García wrote:

I have setup Tomcat 4.1 to use FORM based auth, but I've found myself replicating login and error pages in every context I want to protect. The problem is that the path that point to the pages in the <login-config> tag in the web.xml file of the context is relative to the context.

   <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
        <realm-name>Form-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/auth/login.html</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/auth/error.html</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

Is there a way to put those two pages in a location that is accessible by any context? If there is, how do I setup my web.xml file?