Filip Hanik has posted a build script that does a deployment-time compilation of all JSP files in an app -- sounds like what you're looking for. I haven't used it, but it's a pretty common request on the list and it seems his solution has worked well for people.

You can check it out here:
http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/precompile.html

justin