From: Bill Barker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004 09:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: disableUploadTimeout

Actually, I believe that there is a documentation error:  I believe that the
default value is 'true'.

With all other values at there default setting, disableUploadTimeout="true"
means that Tomcat will use a longer timeout value (default: 5Min, like
Apache/httpd) when reading the request message body than it does when
waiting for the next keep-alive request (default: 15Sec).  This can be
usefull if your webapp uploads large amounts of data, but probably won't
matter if you only POST small, simple forms.

"Krause Karin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi everybody,
I have a question regarding the org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector
(Tomcat 4.1.27)
What does the property "disableUploadTimeout" really mean? I do not
understand the explanation:
"This flag allows the servlet container to use a different, longer
connection timeout while a servlet is being executed, which in the end
allows either the servlet a longer amount of time to complete its execution,
or a longer timeout during data upload. If not specified, this attribute is
set to "false".
Which connection timeout will be used if the property is set to true? Is it
recommended to set it to true?
Thanx for any help.
Karin