Remy Maucherat wrote:

Brice Ruth wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

I think you should post the task sequence so that this is reproduceable.

Thanks, Remy. Here's what I do:

- start Tomcat 5
- deploy WAR (localWar)
- undeploy WAR
- deploy WAR
*BANG*

If you don't post the task list, I can't help you.

Remy - I'm not sure what you mean by tasklist? From my Ant?

I've worked around this for now by having "localWar" point to my project, which is structured as a valid deployment (unpacked WAR) - and just using the "reload" action, after doing an initial install.

I've noticed, however, that the temporary context.xml files don't get removed when I shut-down Tomcat 5. This seems like a bug, right?

No. The .xml should only be removed on undeploy.

Ah, I thought I read somewhere in the Tomcat documentation that actions taken through the Manager app are temporary ... maybe that's just the install/remove tasks?

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst