From: Ralf Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 February 2004 11:42
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: HTTPS with Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 5.0.16

Hi,

I try to set an Apache 2.0.48 with a connection to Tomcat 5.0.16 via mod_jk2

2.0.2. The static pages should be accessed via normal HTTP whereas the
dynamic pages of my webapp should only be accessible via HTTPS for security.

I installed a certificate in /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.cert and set up a
virtual host for the SSL pages in ssl.conf:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/demo_02"
ServerName www.development.home:443
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/access_log

Alias /demo_02 "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/demo_02"

<Location "/demo_02/WEB-INF/*">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

<Location "/demo_02/META-INF/*">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

JKMount /demo_02/*.do ajp13
JKMount /demo_02/*.jsp ajp13
JKMount /demo_02 ajp13
JKMount /demo_02/* ajp13

SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.key/server.key

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

When I call the webapp over http://localhost/demo_02 everything works fine.
The request to my webapp is forwarded to Tomcat. But when I switch to https
get "Connection refused" from the browser. I do not see anything in any log
file.

Did I miss a configuration step? Or did I misconfigure something?

Ralf.

service is powered by MessageLabs.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
service is powered by MessageLabs.