There was talk (on this list) that the IBM JVM on iseries had a massive performance bug when a specific log4j attribute was used. (I don't know which one)

-Tim

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howdy,

                                  Tomcat  WAS Win 2K   WAS iSeries
Overall Average Response time      873ms      680ms        22206ms

What on earth is this?  How can WAS on an IBM box be 32 times slower
than WAS (same WAS version, same JDK) on a Windows box? ;)

Any comments would be greatly useful.

Find out the intricate details of this test to see if it's applicable to
you at all.  With the above results, I'm doubting the
rigorousness/accuracy of the test.

Yoav Shapira