One of your jar files is bad, probaby in your webapp. Check all jars for integrity and redeploy.

Jake

At 11:32 AM 2/16/2004 +0530, you wrote:

Hi

I am not sure whether the problem I'm going to narrate belongs to Tomcat
or Cocoon, but anyway I'm sending this mail to this list just in case it
is a problem for this forum.

I am trying to configure cocoon-2.0.4 on Tomcat 5.0.18 using j2sdk1.4.2.
The tomcat standalone server is running allright. But whenever I try to
deploy the cocoon.war file, I get the following error:

--- logs/catalina.out ----

INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18/conf/Catalina/localhost/cocoon.xml
Feb 16, 2004 11:05:45 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error in dependencyCheck
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 2472738816 but
got 48 bytes)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(ZipInputStream.java:367)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:141)
        at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.read(JarInputStream.java:159)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:220)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:280)
        at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getBytes(JarInputStream.java:88)
        at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.<init>(JarInputStream.java:65)
        at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.<init>(JarInputStream.java:43)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.ExtensionValidator.getManifest(ExtensionValidator.java:420)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.ExtensionValidator.validateApplication(ExtensionValidator.java:248)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4135)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:866)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:850)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:638)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.addChild(StandardHostDeployer.java:840)

----------------

When I try to browse the cocoon directory of my server (in my case
(http://localhost:8085/cocoon) I get the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon/
type Status report
message /cocoon/
description The requested resource (/cocoon/) is not available.

I've tried replacing the xalan.war, xml-api.war etc. files in tomcat/common/endorsed directory (as directed by cocoon installation guide) but I still get the error.

Can anyone help me out?

Regards & thanks in advance,
Prabhakar