Hi Ken,

First, there is no mod_jk3 that I am aware of. You are referring to mod_jk2, perhaps?

Second, please look at Appendix A of my Tomcat 5 write-up (http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c1215.html). I encountered the same problem. You wouldn't be using Mandrake or Mandrake's Advanced Extranet Server, would you? I encountered the problem on that platform. The only way of working around it that I know of, is to put the context mappings inside httpd2.conf instead of workers2.properties (see my docs for example on the syntax). I don't know why this happens -- perhaps Yoav can shed some light on this...?

Hope this helps !

Ken Hensel wrote:

Help please,

I have searched far and wide, but found no answer to this question -
although one guy had the same problem and reverted to mod_jk as a
solution.  This is not a solution for me.

I have the following in my workers2.properties file:

[uri:/myapp/]
[uri:/myapp/*.jsp]
[uri:/myapp/dir1/*.jsp]
[uri:/myapp/dir1/dir2]
[uri:/myapp/dir2/*]

Everything works as expected except for the final one.  The wildcard (*)
by itself after a / is not working.  Instead it tries to access the
pathname on DocumentRoot instead of Tomcat (4.1).

Has anyone had this problem?  I used both binaries and also build
Apache2 and jakarta-tomcat-connectors from source with the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and
his children are smart." -- Henry Mencken
| Pascal Chong |
| email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| |
| Please visit my site at : http://cymulacrum.net |
| If you're using my documentation, please read the Terms and |
| and Conditions at http://cymulacrum.net/terms.html |