Daniel Savard wrote:

Is there any documentation on the jk2.properties?

There is the Jakarta documentation available on their site. Or you could dig through the source code.

After reading the document:
http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c831.html#USING_MOD_JK2

I still get a problem lying with my jk2.properties. However, I was
unable to find any complete documentation on this.

Also, the above
document mention 4 connection modes (Unix sockets, JNI channels, APR
sockets and channel sockets). Only Unix sockets is described (or at
least shown). What about other modes?

That's an insensitive question ! I have only one computer at home. This is my primary development workstation, and I don't want to mess around with it. I can't afford another machine because I am currently unemployed. So, unless you're willing to buy me another PC, or offer me a job, you're not likely to see any other configurations.

I am getting the following error while starting tomcat:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apps/apache2/lib/libjkjni.so:
/usr/local/apps/apache2/lib/libjkjni.so: undefined symbol: apr_md5_final
2004-03-18 15:02:45 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009

The undefined symbol is actually in the apr-util shared library, so I guess I need to add something in the jk2.properties to indicate where to search or explicitly load it. The library is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and also configured in the ld.so.conf and ld.so.cache.

Your error does not lie in jk2.properties. Check that you have all the necessary packages installed (see http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c831.html#JK2_INTEGRATION_SETUP). If you are using Fedora Core, the package you need is apr-util-devel and apr-devel. If you're using Mandrake, the rpm packages are libapr-util (I think) and ... something else. So, locate the name of the package and install it. Because you did not mention your platform (Windows? Linux distro? Solaris?), I can't be more specific.

--
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and