Hello all,

I have a tomcat 5.0.18 (on a windows system) connected to an apache 2
webserver (on Linux system) with the mod_jk2.

Everything works fine but if I have in my JSP some special characters like
the german umlaut (ä,ö,ü,...) the apache shows these chars as a ?.
If I go directly to the tomcat (on port 8080) it is showed es expected.

I had a look in the header and it seems the the apache sets always the
charset to utf-8 although the tomcat sets it to iso-8859-1.

Is this a known problem and is there a solution?

thanks in advance

Marc