From: Adrian Lanning [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Configuration Help

Hmm,

Do you have Tomcat set up to listen on port 80? (you shouldn't)

Can you get to your webapp correctly using localhost?  Try setting up a test
host in your server.xml file with name=www.example.com and then edit your
hosts file to point 127.0.0.1 to www.example.com.  Then try connecting to
http://www.example.com:8080/yourWebApp and report your findings.

Earlier you said:

In the server.xml file the <engine> tag is configured to use the IP address
of the server and one <host> tag is set to the IP address. I have a second
<host> tag that is set to the URL I want to serve.

Do you mean that you've set defaultHost to your IP address?  Try setting
your <engine>'s defaultHost and your <host>'s name to the domain name:
dev.dynamichostings.com

Please post your server.xml file.

Adrian