Clute, Andrew wrote, On 3/23/2004 7:02 AM:
It seems to me the one large missing component of the mod_jk* connectors
is notification of a failover -- either via email, pager, etc.

I am sure there are people that are using mod_jk in production with a
cluster and have a solution for being notified with a Tomcat instances
goes down, via either scripts, or some other component. I would love to
get some pointers on what is available in the market. A search didn't
seem to turn up much.

This is probably overkill if all you are monitoring is a few Tomcat instances, but I've found Nagios to work very well.

http://www.nagios.org/

-Dave