From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Loading JDBC driver with jdbc.drivers property
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:49:19 -0800

With  Tomcat 4 or 5, with JDK 1.4, I cannot load my JDBC drive from a *.jar
in shared\lib, unless that driver has already been loaded by a webapp class
using Class.forName(). I normally use the system property
"jdbc.drivers=xxx" mechanism to allow java.sql.DriverManager to load the
driver. For this mecahnism to work, it appears I have to put the JDBC
Driver jar in either common\endorsed or the system classpath. Is this
working as designed? Is there any problem with putting my jdbc jar in the
common\endorsed dir?

Thanks,
Rob Wunderlich