As an additional side effect, since this is happening on session expiry....
the session count keeps getting higher and higher...

right now I have 8942 sessions on a single instance! :-)

-a

Aadi Deshpande wrote:

( let me know if comments regarding nightly builds should be in the tomcat-dev mailing list instead ).

Hi,

I have a nightly build of Tomcat 5 ( mainly because i need some fixes in HEAD to resolve cross context issues ) , and I've set up the Cluster Manager ( in the updated format ) as specified in the server.xml.

I came across a problem, however, when the ClusterManger is expiring sessions :

WARNING: Unable to perform background process on manager
java.lang.ClassCastException
at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.processExpires(DeltaManager.java:914)

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager.backgroundProcess(DeltaManager.java:904)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.backgroundProcess(StandardContext.java:4546)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1619)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1628)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1628)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1608)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

A couple things of note.. I don't really have any specific contexts, all my applications are webapps ( .war files ) and I have only a single DefaultContext set up in my server.xml file.

From what I gather looking at the source code, it looks like not all the sessions retrieved by the findSessions() method call are DeltaSessions. I'm not sure why this is. The only reason I could come up with was because my web applications are specifically noted as contexts in my server.xml.

Thanks for any input,

-a