Sorry about the blank reply.  Ok, I tried to mock up your configuration as best I
could with the examples webapp of tomocat.  So here are the configuration files that I
am using.
httpd.conf --> very last line add this:
#This line includes the configuration file mod_jk.conf into your httpd.conf
configuration
#It is a great way to seperate out parts of the httpd.conf file
Include /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf

Ok, in your conf directory for apache which I am assuming is /etc/httpd/conf, add your
mod_jk.conf file.

mod_jk.conf
#If mod_jk exists, load it.
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
 LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

#Location of the workers.properties, I hate using relative paths as you never
#know what you are getting sometimes!!!
JkWorkersFile "/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties"
#Ok path to logging directory
JkLogFile "/var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log"
#Lets debug so we can find problems
JkLogLevel debug

#Ok, mount the examples webapp
JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

Now, lets create your workers.properties file in /etc/httpd/conf directory

Workers.properties
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8019
worker.ajp13.host=192.168.0.200
#the above is IP of my App Server
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

Now, try to browse to the examples webapp on through apache like this
http://someservername_OR_IP/examples
If you can browse to this directory, then you should be up and going.

I hope this helps.  This is about as basic as it gets...I think.