From: Denise Mangano
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Possible thread "crossing"

Can I please verify something?  This webapp has been live since last
year and I have never had this problem.  I recently reformatted my
server changing versions of Tomcat, Apache and RH.  The programs and web
pages I am using are the same - pulled from backups so nothing has
changed.

This is my java program structure:  /com/beans/transaction/*.java.

The pages accessing these programs are located in:
        /webapps/ROOT/clients/client1
        /webapps/ROOT/clients/client2
        etc...

When someone goes to client one and accesses the java program an
individual instance of the program is created, correct?  So if user 1
starts a transaction from /client1 and user 2 starts a transaction from
/client2 each user has it's own instance of the java program running -
so technically data from one instance should not be finding it's way to
another.  I made some changes to my webapp but this still appears to be
happening.

Nix:
1.  Network sniffer?  If I add some debugging code to my java program is
this what you mean? Or is there a tool I can actually use?
2.  The two key variables are a transaction number and this serial
number.  Both are hard coded into the JSP pages and are not changed by
anything in either my JSP or my java program.  Only variables that
change are personal info (i.e. address).

Thanks.

Denise Mangano
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.
914-747-1200