Hi,
>I am running tomcat 4.1.27/29/30 on a Solaris 5.7 or 5.8 and it
shutsdown
>for no
>apparent reason.   Sometimes it can go for hours without a problem,
>othetimes it stops much
>sooner.  There is no obvious error, just a shutdown.  The same code
built
>on another Solaris box and/or HPUX runs without a problem.  Any ideas
how I
>can debug this?

When it shuts down, are there files named 'core' and 'hs_err_pidXXXX'
(where XXXX is the process ID of the server) in the working directory?
If so, what do those files contain?

The advice at this point is generic: make sure the box has the latest
Sun OS patches required for your JDK (these patches are available on the
JDK download page near the bottom), and make sure the user account
running the server has sufficient file descriptors and threads (the
ulimit settings).

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.