Well, I certainly did that. That's how it worked with Tomcat 4 and I have exactly the same xml file now and it does not work. Also, sorry for bombarding you all with the return receipt request.

Victor Anyakin wrote:

Miklos Nyiri wrote:

I guess it is a somewhat peculiar problem. I tried using a binary distributon of Tomcat 4 by Serverlogistics together with Slide and it worked fine. Also I could easily log in to both the admin and the manager pages.
Then I installed the "offical" tomcat 5 with Slide bundle and since the login for Slide works however I cannot access the admin and the manager functions. I tried everything (changing permissions for tomcat-users, using blank username and pwd etc) I could think of except for disabling login altogether (which I don't really know how to do).
If I use the default Slide root-root login at the admin and manager login pages, it does recognize them but certainly grants no access.
I'm working on Mac OS X 10.3 and am no expert at all, so please be a little patient with explaining what to do if you feel like helping me. Thanks.

Probably you should add "admin" and "manager" roles and user with theese roles to the %CATALINA_HOME%/conf/tomcat-users.xml
Making it look like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<role rolename="admin"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>
</tomcat-users>