When i startup Apache 2.0.43 on Solaris2.8 (after installed just now), I
have got these errors.

[Tue May 25 15:45:50 2004] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
authentication ...
[Tue May 25 15:45:50 2004] [crit] (2)No such file or directory: Digest:
error generating secret: No such file or directory
Configuration Failed

Any ideas what is wrong here??

Thanks
Bhaskar

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale, Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 10:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JK2 connector binary for solaris8

Try following the instructions below, these are what I use when building the
connector.

cd jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src/jk/native2

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2.0.49/bin/apxs
--with-tomcat-41=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25 \
--with-apr-lib=/usr/local/apache2.0.49/lib --with-java-home=/usr/local/j2sdk
--with-jni

make

cd ../build/jk2/apache2

cp mod_jk2.so /usr/local/apache2.0.49/modules

cp libjkjni.so /usr/local/apache2.0.49/modules

Obviously you will have to edit the paths i've used here to suit your own
environment and you'll need the gnu version of gcc and make at least.

Good luck.