Hello QM,

Thank you very much for replying.  Unfortunately the
web.xml excerpt was a copy/paste.  The full file is
VERY large (>4000 lines) so I won't post it here but
I'll give you a larger sample.  I did notice late
yesterday that there are duplicate file names among
the subdirectories so I definitely need to have the
subdirectories included in the package statement.  In
order to do this I think I need to use the Ant build
instead of calling jspc (or rather jspc.sh) directly,
correct?  I'll have to copy all the files off of the
server and onto my PC to do this but I'm not to
worried about that at this point.  If I use the Ant
method as described in the docs will it add the
subdirectories to the package statement and create the
web.xml fragment correctly by default or do I need to
do something special to enable this?  Here's a larger
sample of what the non-Ant jspc.sh compile-attempt
produced for the web.xml fragment (I did not use the
-package option, obviously):

<!--
Automatically created by Tomcat JspC.
Place this fragement in the web.xml before all icon,
display-name,
description, distributable, and context-param
elements.
-->

<servlet>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.entry_jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.entry_jsp</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

<servlet>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.entry_process_jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.entry_process_jsp</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet>
   <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.gso_jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.gso_jsp</servlet-class>
</servlet>
.
. // A BUNCH more servlet declarations here, then
eventually...
.
<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.entry_jsp</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/entry.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.entry_process_jsp</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/entry_process.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.gso_jsp</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/gso.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Jason