From: "Mark Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 11:47 AM
Subject: Tomcat 5 going to sleep

Hello

Sorry for the subject title but didn't know how better to put it.
Tomcat throws an outofmemory exception when left for a day or so
depending on how much ram i've assigned to an application and how much
traffic there has been.

I've seen various postings on this and a lot of clever sounding
theories one of which seem to end with "Woohoo it works thats great".

The exception when thrown looks like this

SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError) executing
org.apache.jk.co
[EMAIL PROTECTED], terminating thread

and for each request made via mod_jk i get this

org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest decodeRequest
WARNING: Error registering request

I was using jk2 for a while but stopped doing do as it had various
quirks that kept wrecking my head.

the jk version I'm using is
mod_jk/1.2.3-dev compliled against  Apache/2.0.47 and tomcat 5.19 and
java 1.4.2_04

Anybody know where I should start looking?

Thanks

Mark