Uma

After launching Putty, leave everything at their default setting and type in
your server's IP address. Click Open. On the first alert window that pops up
read the text and click either Yes or No.

Next it will ask you to type in your username and then password. While you
are typing the password you will not see the prompt move. This is ok; type
the password and press enter.

Then from my experience I basically go:
cd /usr/local/tomcat/bin/
startup.sh

or

shutdown.sh

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.volume4.com

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.