Hans,

Normally port 8080 is for tomcat's own web server.
So when I connect to http://www.kindserver.com:8080,
I get tomcat's default home page from the tomcat
web server. Mod_jk works with apache on port 80.

First what do your mod_jk.log and tomcat.log and apache error.log
files say?
Next we need to see the relevant parts of you mod_jk.conf and
workers.properties files.
WHat kind of system are you running on?

Chris