You have solved my problem sir and I thank you! It all makes sense now that you
have explained it. JRun 3.0, which implements the same servlet spec, didn't need
the extra qualification. I wonder which one isn't following the spec? :-o I'm
guessing JRun.

I have a printout of the 2.2 servlet spec right here. I needed to read it
anyway! Thanks again.

-Scott