Just a side note.  I couldn't get this to work in Tomcat 5.0.19.  I had
to upgrade to 5.0.25.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 2:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Database connection problems after redeploying war

Sweet!!!!!  Thanks for the info!

Peace....

Tom

             "Chad Boyd"

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             .net>
                                       "Tomcat Users List"

             06/12/2004 12:14          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             PM
cc

Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Database connection problems

               "Tomcat Users           after redeploying war

                   List"

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

              rta.apache.org>

OK, finally figured it out.  I moved the <Resource> elements that
contained the connection pools into the <GlobalNamingResources> element
in server.xml.  I then created the context.xml file that contained
<ResourceLink> elements that pointed to the ones defined in the global
section mentioned before.  I had tried this before with no luck, but I
figured out why this didn't work before.  When deploying the war via the
manager app, I was specifying the path parameter in the URL.  I guess in
doing this the context.xml file was ignored during deployment.  I can
now redeploy the war without having to restart Tomcat.