Hello,

To test Java servlet applications, I used Apache webserver with JServ.
Now I intend to switch to Tomcat 3.2.1.
First attempt is to have Tomcat run as a stand alone servlet container.
Second attempt will be adding Tomcat to Apache webserver locally and
configure my Win2000 webserver with IIS to work with Tomcat. Therefore,
Tomcat doesn't have to work with static web content.

On page
file:///E|/Java/tomcat/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html
I read that I need to set TOMCAT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and PATH.
After that, Tomcat should start with startup.bat (Win98).
Tomcat.bat executes :startServer, I see a Java window with usage
information, which closes immediately.

On various places, I changed in conf files the wrapper-pointers to
tomcat_home and java_home to appropriate values. No result.

Questions;
- How do I get Tomcat working ?
- In doc's I read about WAR's. How can I make them (so far I used only
jar's).
- I would like to configure Tomcat to recognise different url's and
because of that use other jar's (or war's), have other home directories etc.

Maybe these questions sound stupid, but any help is greatly appreciated...

--
Kind regards,
Nico den Boer