That's what I've done, I've created a <Context path=... docBase=...>
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="web_log."
suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>

I see all the webapp output in web_log file, but not the message from the
applicacion, where I use the lines:
ServletContext context;
context=session.getServletContext();
context.log("test message!!!");

Perhaps the application does not have the correct HttpSession? (It works on
Resin, I've make the .war and deploy in tomcat, configure the <Context> in
server.xml and put all the resin.conf values of context-param inside web.xml
in the tomcat context-param format.
Am I missing something?