From: Tim Wills [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 11:18 PM
To: Birt, Jeffrey
Cc: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Newbie question: Error 503 Service Temp. Unavailable

I had the same Error 503 on Linux (not Windows) and found that was
caused by
Apache running as Nobody. Apache couldn't write to the socket because
the
owner was tomcat and Nobody was not a member of the group tomcat.

Check your apache error_log and see what it says. I have never run a
Windows
server so can't be more helpful.

Cheers

Tim