I have a webapp deployed under tomcat + apache.

I have a taglib in which i have the following:

out.print("<link rel='shortcut icon' href='/mywebapp/images/favicon.ico' type='image/x-icon'>");

The favicon.ico is a 16 * 16 icon file.

The favicon shows up in Safari on the Mac , but not on netscape, or IE . On windows it does not show up in either IE or Netscape.

I have not put the favicon in the webservers root from where it can get it by default. As you can see I have it in mywebapp/images folder.

Does anybody know why this does not work? Or do browsers dont have support for this much ?

Regards.