I am using Eclipse with MyEclipseIDE to run Tomcat.  If I use the startup.bat for
tomcat everything works fine.  However, if I use eclipse to start tomcat i get the
error below.  Any ideas?

The version of server.xml that you see below is near identical to server-minimal.xml.

This has been happening for about a day now.  There were no changes made when it
started to occur, but since then I have reinstalled the JDK, Eclipse, and MyEclipseIDE.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
        <GlobalNamingResources>
                <!-- Used by Manager webapp -->
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User database that can be updated
and saved">
    </Resource>
                <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
                        <parameter>
                                <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
                        </parameter>
                        <parameter>
                                <name>pathname</name>
                                <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
                        </parameter>
                </ResourceParams>
        </GlobalNamingResources>
        <Service name="Catalina">
                <Connector port="8080"/>
                <!-- This is here for compatibility only, not required -->
                <!-- <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"/> -->
                <!--
                        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"/>
resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
-->
                        <!-- <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" /> -->
                </Engine>
        </Service>
</Server>

Thread [main] (Suspended (exception EOFException))
        XMLEntityScanner.load(int, boolean) line: not available
        XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces() line: not available
        XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(boolean) line: not
available
        XMLDocumentScannerImpl(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl).scanDocument(boolean)
line: not available
        XML11Configuration.parse(boolean) line: not available
        XML11Configuration.parse(XMLInputSource) line: not available
        SAXParser(XMLParser).parse(XMLInputSource) line: not available
        SAXParser(AbstractSAXParser).parse(InputSource) line: not available
        CatalinaDigester(Digester).parse(InputSource) line: 1548
        Catalina.load() line: 489
        Catalina.load(String[]) line: 528
        NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not available
[native method]
        NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 39
        DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 25
        Method.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 324
        Bootstrap.load(String[]) line: 247
        Bootstrap.main(String[]) line: 421