Actually there is a sample on the tomcat web page. Something to do with an access valve....

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/authenticator/SingleSignOn.html

Schalk Neethling wrote:

Jonathan

You can probably do this by giving each user a specific role that will allow him/her access to only certain areas and when logging in determine the user's role and authorization right and forward them to the appropriate webapp. I do this with my client portal to ensure a client only gets access to their data and not someone else's.

HTH

Jonathan wrote:

Is it possible to use a single login.jsp for multiple webapps?

Basically I have a V-Domain setup using /www/mydomain.com/ as it's docroot.
I want to deploy multiple web apps (forums app, image gallery, etc) and secure some of them using form based authentication.

I understand most of the configuration, but I would really like to use a single login.jsp.
These are all part of one big website. I have single signon enabled, but I down't want to have to write the same exact login.jsp for each webapp since the login.jsp will contain a bunch of stuff (menus and such).

Does anyone know how to do this, or am i just going about organizing the website/webapps wrong?

Thanks!

- Jonathan