This is pretty much a stock T5 install. No filters are configured for this app. So if it is indeed a servlet, it must be the faces servlet or the jsp servlet that is applying the text/xml mime type. However, as a work around, I am able to use a jsp directive to set the mime type from the document:

<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html" />

This seems silly though since I'm already setting the mime type in web.xml.

Andrew